There are a variety of potential emergencies that may cause difficulties for the citizens of Brandon and surrounding area. Awareness of these events is a starting point to becoming prepared.
EVENTS THAT CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS
- Heavy snowfall
- Heavy rainfall
- Strong Winds
- Severe Cold Weather
- Extreme Hot Weather
- Hazardous Materials Accident
- Loss of Utilities
- Human Error
BEGIN BY DEVELOPING YOUR OWN EMERGENCY PLAN
- Review the contents of this booklet. Discuss and plan what each person will do in the various situations described.
- Pick two meeting places:
- One meeting place should be near your home or business in case of a local sudden emergency, like a fire.
- A second meeting place should be chosen so that people will meet if they can not return to your home or business.
- Make sure everyone knows the addresses and phone numbers of your meeting places.
- Arrange for a family contact who lives outside of Brandon. Family members can phone the contact and leave information about where they are. This will help to keep everyone aware of the situation.
- Record this information on the inside front cover.